Monday 30 June 2014

Hot Air Balloons

Hello again

I cannot believe it has been over a week since I last blogged.  I had meant to come back a little earlier for the Clarity challenge for June which has a masculine theme this month but I was a little busy making some cards for Stamps By Me as I am on their Design Team.  I will post these up soon, Toni should be on Create and Craft very soon with New stamps for Stamps by Me with some of my cards.

I had decided to use my new Hot Air Balloon stamps for the masculine card.  I had got these stamps from the Clarity members Club, I love being part of the different clubs as you get good benefits.

I also used the fabulous tree stamps from clarity and Drew in some little birds.  I would never have drawn these in if I hadn't seen Barbara Gray doing so.  They help to fill a space which needed filled.  I will post a picture of the card without the Birds and you can let me know what you think yourself.

Here goes......


And then the one below is without the birds.


I hope you like it, I used the spectrum noir pencils to colour the water and hills the rest was coloured with real red stampin up ink for the front Balloon and the rest was coloured with Distress Inks.  But both Balloons were coloured using an aqua brush and the faux watercolour technique which is one of my favourite techniques.

I will be back real soon as the Tim Holtz challenge has to be entered by Friday.

Denise xx




1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise, hope you and family are all well , what a lovely scene you have created and yes I love the addition of the birds...thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and sharing your fab work with us....good luck and hugs ...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete