Friday 20 June 2014

Challenge # 4

Hello again

Well it is time for the Tim Holtz Compendium of Curiosities III challenge # 4 to be submitted.

I had no clue what to do again.  It takes me the two weeks to have a think about it and then the pressure of the last day seems to work and I then produce something.  My first tag I did didn't look good although my Daughter liked it.  I think she is just biased tbh.  The second tag I produced I quite liked it has a flutter theme, possibly because I am thinking about my ATCs for this month which the topic is "In Flight".

I followed the instructions on page 49 to start my tag off using the Tim Holtz Layering Stencil WOODGRAIN THS023 and some texture paste, then used the following distress inks Broken China,Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade.  My first tag looked too dull as I used the kraft tag therefore brighter colours looked better in my eye on the tag shown below.

Then I inked through some punchinella with Worn Lipstick DI stamped some Tim Holtz stamps with Jet Black archival, stamped the sentiment with fired brick DI and wrote over with a black sharpie.  I then stamped the lovely blue bird with Peacock feathers onto a piece of tissue and stuck down with the Ranger Collage glue stick.

Used a white gel pen to ink part of the EYE CHART THS010 Layering Stencil onto the top right hand corner of my tag.  Attached some bunting to the left hand side of the tag and some lace to the bottom of the tag with some washi tape onto the top of the lace.  Cut out the lock and keys from the TH Lock & Key cardstock covered partly with glossy accents and layered a lovely heart with wings embellishment onto the padlock.  I made a small bow out of some bright pink Rattan for the top left hand corner and also glossy accented some cabouchons and placed over the small inked butterflies on the tag to give a little more dimension and layers to the tag, finishing with the little chain at the punched hole.

Let me know what you think.  Here goes nothing ....




The fabulous Sponsor for this challenge is The Funkie Junkie Boutique which offers a fabulous voucher and then there is also a fantastic prize that Tim and Mario pick out for their favourite.  I wish everyone who enters the best of luck and if you don't enter, why not?

Please leave a nice comment below, and if you cannot then an email would be great too at dmjshepherd@blueyonder.co.uk.

Let me know what you think and
See you soon

Denise xx

8 comments:

  1. Great tag Denise! I'm always a last minute girl on these challenges too - though I got mine in for this a little earlier (but only 'cos I put into A Vintage Journey too - on their last day!!) where do you swap your ATCs? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steffi I swap at my monthly craft group Glasgow Craftaholics Anonymous. We could do a swap if you like xx

      Delete
  2. There is just so much to see on that tag. Great textures and embellishments. The cabochon is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, we will be doing something similar for the embellishments with the cabouchonsxx

      Delete
  3. Nice job, Denise! You should be proud, I think you're doing great! Thanks for entering this piece in CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl, that is very kind of you x

      Delete
  4. Great job, Denise!!! Beautiful tag with wonderful use of texture, color and embellishments! You did a great job on this! Isn't it fun to think you know NOTHING about a technique and then you read the instructions in Tim's book...figure it out and create something wonderful? Thanks for joining us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Candy, I love the learning involved in the Challenges it is great fun. Thank you also for your kind words xx

      Delete