Tuesday 27 May 2014

Clarity Stamp Challenge May

Hi

I have been promising myself for a few months now to enter the Clarity Stamps Challenge blog and today I have made something I really want to enter.  I am quite happy with it.  I have been practicing my vintage technique for a little while and I was making some vintage ATCs for my monthly craft club last week which I was quite happy with also, so I thought I would have a little play in my Art Journal.



I started with the clockwork stencil and some Dylusions sprays which I love, when the ink dried I used the gold Wink of Stella pen to colour in the cogs and clock face of the stencil, then using the Grunge stencil I wrote TIME WAITS for NOBODY as this is so true.  Next I used spiced marmalade distress ink around the stencil then went over it with some Vintage Photo distress ink building up the colour and leaving a little space around the words to make them pop.  I then inked the edges with Black Soot distress ink.  I then went over the Grunge stencil words with a black Wink of Stella brush pen.  I then stamped the two Clarity pocket watches in aged Mahogany distress ink.

My hands are very dirty looking now with the sprays and the inks, but is had fun and I like the finished article this time.

I will be back soon

Denise x

1 comment:

  1. Oh, lovely. Do let me know if you create any Steampunk or Neo-Victorian themed pieces - I'll happily feature them on my own blog ( www.thenavigatrixatetsy.blogspot.co.uk )

    ReplyDelete