Sunday 18 May 2014

Altered Beermats and Jar

Hi again, I haven't been around much as I have been under the weather again.  I have been diagnosed as having Functional Neurology Disorder.  A disorder that mimics MS therefore, I don't keep too well.  Enough about that now I have told you, we can get on with the Blog and I will come back as often as I can.

I had entered a challenge this month to alter some Beer mats.  I had to alter 5 beer mats and then send them off to Zuzu as it is her challenge on her blog "Zuzu's petals Altered Art n' Stuff".  I also entered last months altered bottle/jar swap.  It was the first time I had done anything like this and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I was really nervous for the jar challenge as it was new to me and I wasn't sure what I could do.  But it turned out ok I think, picture below.......











Now for the Altered beer mats in which I need to post tomorrow to enable them to reach Zuzu on time.  I will receive 5 beer mats in return and a book ring.  I wish I had made 2 of my Jars as it was my first but I didn't.  Anyway I did double up on the Beer Mats so I could have a copy of them, since they are my first.  So here goes, let me know what you think please.......










Well that is the Beer Mats and they will be in the post tomorrow.  I have used the Typography papers from Graphic 45, some Tim Holtz stamps, distress paints and some Dylusions ink on grunge paste over a clarity stencil.  As well as other stamps and some crackle paint and a little glitter and stickles.  I also embossed a little too.  I wanted to do a range of different things to challenge myself and have some fun.  I really enjoyed the challenge involved in altering the beer mats and I will have to think of another way rather than adding Gesso to the beer mats as it didn't really work on them.  Anyway I cannot wait to see what I receive in return.

Speak soon

Denise x


3 comments: