Thursday 8 May 2014

Cards, clubs and ATCs

Hello I have been busy since I last joined you, it has been a bit of a whirlwind really.  I have been designing some cards for The wonderful Toni Darroch and her fabulous company Stamps by Me for the next Create and Craft show.  I will keep you up to date when Toni will be on C&C.  I am so excited as I have only been crafting for a year and I was thrilled when Toni asked me to make her some cards for the show.  Below is a little sneak peak of one of the cards I made....


Next I have been poorly again.  I do not keep very well just like a lot of crafters out there and I love to be able to craft when I feel well enough to do so.  It is a slow process most of the time, but I get there eventually.

I had also went along to the craft group I attend on a monthly basis called Craftaholics anonymous Glasgow.  I thoroughly enjoy the group as everyone is very friendly and I have learned loads of new techniques with my lovely friends from the group.  I had shown a small group how to glitter some glasses and I had joined Jan in her Demo for more glittery stencil fun making two gorgeous cards shown below.




I just have to say a massive thank you to Jan for her help during the demo where I glittered the cards and I then had some homework to make the toppers into cards.  The tree one is now a little more vintage and masculine although it has some lovely Ribbon and loads of glitter.  And the roses topper was very simply added onto white card with a strip of the green metallic, a couple of green candi pieces placed onto the four corners and finished with a little of mica powder over the white.  I hope you like them and Jan very kindly gave me 10/10 for my homework.  I think she was being very kind.

Last but not least I have been making some ATCs for the monthly swap at Craftaholics Anonymous.  We started the swap a couple of months ago and I had never even heard of ATCs (Artist Trading Cards), therefore I had to go and google what they were.  This month the Theme was Fantasy, I first thought fabulous this will be great and then had a little panic as I didn't then know what to do.  Once I calmed down I looked through my stamps and picked a few love story ones and some Mermaids.  Here is a look at the ATCs....



Well that is all for today.  I will be back tomorrow with another blog.

See you then 

Denise xx



No comments:

Post a Comment