Friday 18 July 2014

Challenge #6 Altered Burlap Panel

Hello again

I have had the busiest week, well for me anyway.  A couple of years ago I would have been able to have worked full time and run the house as fitting everything else in this week, it can be quite funny when you think about it and not take life too seriously.

Ok let's have a look at the Altered Burlap Panel.  To be honest I was quite scared of because I had never tried working on burlap before.  That's why I love this challenge as it really takes me out of my comfort zone.  The finished outcome may not be wonderful or have a few mistakes in (that I can notice lol).  My boundaries have been stretched and pulled doing the CC3 Challenge therefore, thank you to Tim Holtz for writing the book and thank you to his fabulous partner Mario as they provide a fabulous prize to the winner of each challenge.  And for this challenge The Funkie Junkie have very kindly sponsored this challenge and have offered a very lucky winner a $25 gift voucher to spend in their shop, wow.

The Altered Burlap Challenge pg 37 CC3C

Although I was scared, I was looking forward to it and  that is why it is a very last minute entry also with only about 2 hours to deadline.  My friend Margaret came over to my house and we had a play with the Burlap and followed the directions on page 37 and voila, I can now work on Burlap.  I am now thinking of other things I can make (I am sure that very wise Tim Holtz had that idea for all of us when he was writing his books).

I had used some postcard Tissue wrap for a little travel theme and used some chit chat to express a little Summer and Romance and some fabulous Ephemera Via Air Mail as the romance is long distance.  The Pointed Finger Ephemera raised to give a little more dimension to the little panel. A little of Tim's wishbone to wish the romance good luck and the number 13 (Tim's little number pack, I love these) as that is my Birthday in July.  Then some Distress Paints were used over the tissue and wow I loved how the paint rubbed straight through to the burlap very magical.  I then went round the chit chat with some Distress pens to highlight them and the Postcard Tissue wrap. And lastly I was happier when I added the Diamond Stickles which brings out the colours underneath it, another fabulous product.

Here goes nothing, my Altered Burlap Panel...........


I hope you like it, I do now that it is finished and I love to have learned a new technique yet again :) thank you to Tim for being a fabulous inspiration xx

I will see you again real soon as I have loads to show and tell.

Thanks for stopping by and reading

Denise xx

4 comments:

  1. Really nice, Denise! The colors really pop off the project! My eye was immediately drawn to it in the Linky. Great job! Hugs, Cathy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, thank you so much, sparkly hugs xx

      Delete
  2. Love that pointing hand drawing our eyes straight into your panel... really glad you played along at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marjie that is so kind of you. I do love the challenge as I am learning all the time with them x

      Delete